Got an empty egg carton lying around? How about reusing it to make this mini garden, complete with a tree and flowers! Get started by checking out the video and full instructions below.
You will need:
- An empty egg carton (or a few to get around 18 egg cups)
- Coloured paint (and a paint brush)
- Coloured pens
- Printable templates
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with scissors and small pieces
How to make
- Cut out the egg cups from your egg carton and trim the top to tidy up.
- Group them together to form your tree leaves. You may need to paint them green.
- Recreate the flowers by drawing a five-point star on the inside of an egg cup and cut out the surrounding triangles.
- Next, paint the inside. Repeat with another three egg cups.
- Cut out the butterfly and the bird from the template sheet.
- On the other template, colour in the grass and tree trunk.
- Glue on the egg cup leaves and the flowers.
- Finish off your craft by placing the bird and butterfly on the tree leaves.