A salad fit for spring, almost too good to eat! Try making this flowery snack for you and your little Squirrel. Scroll down for the full recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200g green grapes (sliced lengthways)
- 200g red grapes (sliced lengthways)
- 150g blueberries
- 150g raspberries
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ honeydew melon
- 4 large strawberries
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with a knife and small pieces
- Wash and slice the grapes lengthways, then place in a large bowl with the blueberries and raspberries. Note: whole grapes are a chocking hazard.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the orange juice and honey (or maple syrup) until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the bowl of fruit, then gently mix it all together with a spoon until the fruit is completely coated.
- Divide the fruit salad between 4 small bowls.
- Cut the melon into thin rounds, then use mini cutters to cut flower shapes from the melon flesh.
- Cut the tops from the strawberries and discard the leaves. Place a strawberry, cut side down, onto a chopping board and make cuts around the bottom of the strawberry to form rose petals.
- Once you’ve got a bottom row of petals, cut the next row, moving further up the strawberry each time. Continue until you have made cuts right the way up to the top. Gently push the ‘petals’ away from the centre of the strawberry to make a rose shape.
- Top each bowl with a strawberry rose and melon flowers to decorate.
- Grab a fork and tuck in!