As Spring has sprung, have a go at making these flower eggs for your little Squirrels. Follow the ingredients and recipe below.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ large carrot
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with cooking.
- Slice the top from the pepper and remove the seeds.
- Cut a ring around 2cm thick from the pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and gently fry the pepper ring for a couple of minutes until it starts to soften.
- Flip the pepper over and cook on the other side, then crack the egg into the pepper ring. Don’t worry if some of the egg escapes under the side–this will be removed before serving.
- Turn the heat down to a medium-low setting, pop a lid on the frying pan and cook gently until the egg white is completely set–around 4-6 minutes.
- While the egg is cooking, cut a stalk and leaf shapes from the cucumber and arrange on the plate.
- Cut slices from the carrot and use mini flower cutters to cut flower shapes, then add to the plate to decorate.
- When the egg is cooked through, remove from the pan, trim any excess egg from around the edges then place on the plate. Serve immediately and enjoy!