Get ready for a spook-tacular time crafting Duggee-themed ghost and pumpkin chocolate-covered strawberries this Halloween! Feeling adventurous? Take on the chilling challenge of creating your very own spooky Squirrel Strawberries.
YOU WILL NEED
- 800g Strawberries
- 600g White chocolate
- 75g Milk chocolate
- 3 ½ Tsp vegetable oil
- Orange, blue, grey, pink, yellow, green and purple gel food colours
Note: A grown-up must supervise and help with small pieces, preparation, and baking.
- Line a plate or tray with baking paper. Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries.
- Break 75g white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20-second bursts until melted and smooth.
- Holding them by the green leaves, dip a strawberry into the melted chocolate to completely cover it. Place on the lined tray or plate and repeat until you have as many ghost strawberries as you need.
- Pop the chocolate-covered strawberries in the fridge for a few minutes until completely set.
- Meanwhile, melt 75g milk chocolate using the same method as above. Spoon the milk chocolate into a piping bag, snip a tiny hole in the end and use it to add eyes and a mouth to each ghost strawberry.
- Break 75g white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20-second bursts until just melted and smooth.
- Drop ½ tsp oil into the melted white chocolate along with a few drops of orange gel food colouring. Stir with a small metal spoon until the chocolate is evenly coloured.
- Dip a strawberry into the orange-coloured chocolate to completely cover it. Place on the lined tray or plate and repeat until you have as many pumpkin strawberries as you need. (Note: you’ll need to save some chocolate for piping on the lines later.)
- Pop the chocolate-covered strawberries in the fridge for a few minutes until completely set, then spoon any leftover orange chocolate into a piping bag or the corner of a freezer bag, snip off the end and pipe thin lines down the strawberries to turn them into pumpkins.
- Return to the fridge until completely set, then pop on eyes and a mouth using the melted milk chocolate you prepared for the ghosts.
- Melt white chocolate in 75g batches, then colour each bowl of chocolate using ½ tsp oil per bowl along with the gel food colouring. If you’d like to create strawberries for all of the Squirrels, you’ll need to colour chocolate in the following colours: blue, orange, grey, pink, yellow, green and purple.
- You’ll also need 75g melted milk chocolate for the brown colour. The different Squirrels are coloured as follows: Tag – blue, brown and orange, Roly – grey and orange, Norrie – brown, pink and yellow, Happy – green, blue and orange, Betty – purple, yellow and pink.
Remember to share your wonderful Duggee chocolate strawberries with us by tagging @HeyDuggee on socials or sending photos by direct message. Enjoy!