These cute little coconut mice are fun to make and eat!
Ingredients (makes 20 mice)
- 400g tin condensed milk
- 350g icing sugar
- 325g desiccated coconut
- Small handful strawberry laces
- 1 bag giant white chocolate buttons
- Silver pearl sprinkles
- Line a baking tray or plate with baking paper.
- Cut the strawberry laces into short pieces for the tails, around 4-5cm long.
- Pour the condensed milk into a large bowl with the icing sugar. Mix well, then add the desiccated coconut and stir again until thoroughly combined (the mixture may be quite stiff and hard to stir, but persevere and it will come together!).
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and whisk again until combined.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake tin. Gently smooth the top down with a spatula, then bake in the pre-heated oven for around 30 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch.
- Divide the mixture into 20 balls, then style them into mouse shapes with your hands.
- Press a strawberry lace tail into the bottom of each mouse and place on the lined baking tray.
- Add two white chocolate button ears and silver pearl sprinkles for the eyes, pressing them into the mice to keep them in place.
- Loosely cover the coconut mice with another piece of baking paper and leave out to dry overnight. When ready, the mice should be set and the outsides feel hard to the touch.