How to make Bunny Eggs
Try making these fun eggs with your little Squirrels with just three ingredients. Follow the recipe below and enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 3 egg rabbits):
- 3 eggs
- 6 black sesame seeds
- 1 thin slice of carrot
- Hard boil the eggs.
- As soon as they are cooked, remove them from the pan and soak in cold water until completely cool.
- Carefully peel the eggs.
- With a small sharp knife, slice the bottom (wide end) from each egg so that they can each stand up unassisted.
- Slice a piece lengthways from the back of each egg.
- Cut this piece in half lengthways, then use the tip of the knife to cut each piece into the shape of a long rabbit ear with a rounded top.
- Cut two slits in the top of the eggs then carefully push the ears into place-you may need to use the tip of the knife to hold the slits open whilst you insert the ears.
- Stick two black sesame seeds onto each egg to make eyes.
- Cut three tiny triangles from the carrot slice and pop them in place for the rabbits’ nose
- Enjoy your eggs!