Ingredients (makes 9):
- 3 large bananas
- 200g milk chocolate
- 3 yellow and 3 orange chocolate beans
- 18 edible candy eyes
- Peel a banana, cut off the ends and slice the remainder into 3 evenly sized pieces. Repeat with the other two bananas.
- Place the banana pieces on a lined tray or plate and pop into the freezer until frozen solid – at least 2 hours.
- Break or chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each one to ensure it melts evenly, until smooth and lump-free.
- While the chocolate is melting, cut the chocolate beans in half for the penguin beaks.
- Remove the banana pieces from the freezer.
- Working quickly, push a cocktail stick into a banana piece and dip into the chocolate so that it resembles a penguin’s head and wings.
- Carefully stand the banana penguin onto a lined tray or plate and remove the cocktail stick. Add two edible candy eyes, pushing them into the melted chocolate before it sets. Add a chocolate bean beak, using some of the remaining melted chocolate to stick it in place.
- Repeat with the remaining banana pieces.
- Place your banana penguins on a plate and serve immediately or pop back in the freezer until ready to serve.
*Note: If you don’t have a microwave, you can also melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of hot water.