Ingredients (makes approx. 50 small cheese stars)
- 320g ready-made puff pastry sheet
- 2 tbsp milk
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6/390°F).
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and use a small star cutter to cut out as many star shapes as you can.
- Place the pastry stars on the baking sheets, leaving space between the stars to allow for spreading.
- Brush the pastry stars with the milk.
- Finely grate the cheese. Heap a pinch of grated cheese in the centre of each pastry star.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the stars are puffed up and the cheese is golden.
- Serve warm or cool on a baking rack. Once completely cold, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.