For the macaroni cheese:
- 125g dried macaroni pasta shapes
- 75g tinned sweetcorn
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices gouda or cheddar cheese
- 8 peas
- Preheat oven to 190°C (Gas mark 5/375°F).
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions, adding the sweetcorn for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce:
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir for a few minutes until well combined with the butter.
- Add the milk to the pan, a little at a time, whisking constantly until completely combined and smooth. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add half of the grated cheese (50g) and stir until it melts into the sauce.
- Take off the heat and add the drained pasta and sweetcorn to the sauce, mixing well to ensure all of the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Divide the mixture between four oven-safe round ramekins, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- To turn your macaroni cheese into Norrie, add half a cherry tomato for her nose, 2 peas for her eyes and two circles of cheese for her ears.