Small but delicious! Try making theses mini carrot cupcakes with your little Squirrels. Scroll down for the full recipe.
Ingredients (makes approx. 12):
- 2 carrots (125g)
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 70g light brown sugar
- 60g softened butter
- 150ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 100g raisins
- 50g green fondant icing
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5 and pop 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Peel and grate the carrots and set aside.
- Place the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the butter, milk and egg and whisk together.
- Stir in the grated carrot and raisins by hand, then use a spoon to drop the cake mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- While the cakes are cooling, roll out the fondant and cut out 12 leaf shapes. Mould each leaf around the top of a cocktail stick then leave to dry (note: for safety, snip the pointed ends off the cocktail sticks with kitchen scissors first).
- When the cakes are completely cool, push a fondant leaf into the top of each cupcake to decorate and enjoy!