A-Woof! Squirrels will love love LOVE, making these Valentine’s themed chocolate shard bars. They’ll make a great gift for a sweet-toothed special someone this 14th February.
They’re quick and easy to make too. Get the recipe below.
YOU WILL NEED
- 200g milk chocolate
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- pink gel food colouring
- small handful heart shaped sweets
- small handful yellow chocolate beans
- pink and red sprinkles
- heart shaped sprinkles
Note: A grown-up is needed to supervise and help with preparation.
- Line a small baking tray with grease-proof or baking paper.
- Break up the milk chocolate and place it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between each one to ensure it melts evenly. Be careful not to overheat or burn the chocolate, heat only until just melted and smooth. Once melted, set aside.
- Break up the white chocolate and place it in a microwave safe bowl, then melt it in the microwave as before. Once melted, drop a teaspoon of vegetable oil into the chocolate along with a few drops of pink gel food colouring. Stir well to evenly distribute the colour.
- Pour the melted milk chocolate onto the lined baking tray. Using the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate around so that it covers the tray in a thin, even layer.
- Drizzle the pink chocolate over the tray of milk chocolate then swirl together using a cocktail stick or bamboo skewer.
- Working quickly, scatter the heart shaped sweets and chocolate beans over the tray of chocolate and press them gently into the chocolate.
- Scatter the sprinkles generously all over the chocolate, then pop the tray into the fridge for around 15 minutes until completely set.
- Once set, remove tray from the fridge, carefully peel the chocolate from the grease-proof paper and cut or break the chocolate into pieces.
Remember to share photos of your chocolate shards by tagging @HeyDuggee on socials or sending photos by direct message. Enjoy!