Ingredients (serves 4):
For the chocolate pudding:
- 3 small ripe avocados
- 35g cocoa powder
- 75ml maple syrup or honey
- 150ml milk or dairy free alternative
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 chocolate biscuits (e.g. bourbon biscuits or oreos)
- 75g pink fondant icing
- Cut each avocado in half, remove the stone and use a spoon to scoop the flesh from the skin.
- Pop all the avocado flesh into a blender or food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients and whizz them all up together, until the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
- Tip into a bowl, then cover and put into the fridge for around ½ hour to thicken up a little.
- While the pudding mixture is chilling, make the fondant worms:
- Roll out small a ball of pink fondant into a long even sausage shape.
- Using the back of the knife, press down to emboss lines along the whole length of the worm.
- Bend the worm to a curved zig-zag shape, then use a cocktail stick to mark out two eyes at one end.
- Repeat until you’ve made 12 worms.
- Next, place the chocolate biscuits in a strong plastic bag. Lightly crush with a rolling pin.
- Divide the chilled pudding mixture between 4 bowls or ramekins, then top with the crushed chocolate biscuits and fondant worms to serve.