- ½ seedless watermelon
- 100g milk chocolate
- edible candy eyeballs
- handful chocolate chips
- Line a baking tray or plate with grease-proof or baking paper. Check the tray size first to make sure it will fit in your fridge!
- Cut the watermelon into rounds, about 1-2cm thick. Using round cookie cutters, cut circles from the watermelon slices. Cut each circle in half to create semi-circles.
- Place the watermelon semi-circles on a couple of pieces of kitchen paper and pat to remove excess water.
- Break the chocolate into a small microwave safe bowl or jug, then cook in the microwave for 30 second bursts, stirring between each one to ensure it melts evenly.
- Dip the end of a watermelon semi-circle into the melted chocolate to make the ladybirds head. Place on the prepared tray and repeat until you have used them all up.
- Add 2 candy eyeballs to each ladybird.
- Finish by pushing chocolate chips, point side down, into each ladybird for the spots.
- Place in the fridge until set, then serve immediately.