Strawberry Heart Pastries
Ingredients (makes approx. 16 heart pastries)
- 320g ready-made puff pastry sheet
- 8 large strawberries
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6/390°F).
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out 16 heart shapes.
- Place the pastry hearts on the baking trays, leaving a little space between the hearts to allow for spreading.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl, then brush the pastry hearts all over with the whisked egg.
- Cut the tops from the strawberries, then split the strawberries in half from top to bottom.
- Use a small heart shaped cutter to cut the strawberry halves into heart shapes.
- Place a strawberry heart, cut side down, in the centre of each pastry heart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden.
- Serve warm or cool on a baking rack until ready to serve.
The perfect quick and easy bake for your little Squirrels to enjoy this Valentine’s Day! 💛🐾