Mr and Mr Crab Biscuits
- 125g/4oz butter
- 55g/2oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- White ready-to-roll fondant icing
- Pink, blue, orange, brown, red and black food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn onto a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- Cut into big crescent moon shapes with room for the eyes at the top and some little crescent moons for the feet and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate all you need is some white ready-to-roll fondant icing along with pink, blue, black, brown and red food colouring.
- Separate out the icing into different bowls and add the food colouring. Roll out the orange and pink and cut around the shape of your shortbread biscuits for the body.
- Next, repeat the previous step to cover the feet. Get some white and black icing and create the eyes.
- Don’t forget Nigel’s glasses! Use the blue icing to create Nigel’s famous blue glasses.
- Cut out a little red mouth for Nigel and use the brown icing to create John’s moustache and mouth.
- Use any leftover icing to create some wonderful shells!
Download the special Mr and Mr Crab gift box and gift your Mr Crab with these yummy shortbread biscuits!