Have a go at making these simple matchbox cars and race your Hey Duggee Squirrels!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Wooden Beads
- Modelling Clay
- Paint & brushes
- BBQ skewers
- Quick drying glue
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MATCHBOX RACE CAR
- Draw a letter “H” on the outer sleeve of the matchbox. Then cut out the shaded area.
- Fold the top backwards to create the car window.
- Paint the matchbox in your favourite colours and add any details you like to personalise your race car.
- Press a piece of clay into the box for the car seat. Press one of the squirrels into the clay – this will keep the squirrel nice and steady in their seats when zooming past.
- To make the working wheels first cut a straw into two pieces and glue to the underside of the car.
- Cut two lengths of barbecue skewers. Glue a bead to one end of a skewer. Pass the skewer through the straw and glue the second bead to the other side Repeat this process for the other set of wheels.