We’ve got the perfect storage solution for all your colouring pens and pencils. Have a go at making your own Squirrel pen pot with some simple household items. Follow the instructions below.
you will need
- Downloadable sheet templates (click the button below)
- Toilet roll tubes
- Card (or an empty cereal box)
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with scissors and small pieces
- Print out sheets 1 & 2, then colour in, using the Squirrels’ colours.
- Carefully cut out each strip, including the eyes.*
- To make the pot, take a toilet roll tube and cut it to match the size of the strip.*
- Then glue each end of the strip and wrap around the toilet roll tube.
- Glue the eyes on top.
- Repeat four times for the rest of the Squirrels.
- Print sheet 3 and cut out the shape to make the base for the pots.*
- Glue one end of each pot and attach to the base.
- Now add your pens!
*Ask a grown up to help you with these steps.