What do you get when you cross a pencil with Hennie? A Hencil of course! Find out how to make this fabulous Hennie pom-pom pencil accessory by following the instructions or downloading the sheet below.
You will need
- Coloured paper: red, blue and pink
- Yellow pencil
- Pink wool yarn
- Quick drying glue
Note: Make sure a grown up helps with scissors and small pieces
- Wrap your yarn around a piece of cardboard.
- When you are happy with the volume, cross the pencil through the yarn and carefully take everything off the cardboard. Make sure it all stays neatly together.
- Join the cardboard shapes together and wind the wool around them. Keep winding the wool around until it is nice and squishy. Tie a piece of wool around the pom pom between the cardboard to keep everything in place. It helps to wrap the yarn a couple of times.Carefully cut along the wool between the cardboard, holding the centre.
- Use your scissors to carefully cut around the edge.
- Fluff up the pom pom and trim the ends to shape.
- Cut out the head image, and using the patterns, cut out 2 pieces of blue paper for the wings, and 1 piece of blue, red, and pink paper for the feathers.
- Now for the finishing touches, glue all the pieces as shown in the picture above.
Tah-Dah! Have fun playing with your new Hennie pencil and stay tuned for more toy craft ideas from the Squirrel Club.
Remember to use #HeyDuggee when you share your Hencil pictures online!