Have a go at making these sweet snacks! Check out the full sandwich recipe below.
Ingredients (makes 2 mini sandwiches):
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- sandwich filling of your choice
- 1 slice gouda cheese
- small piece cucumber skin
- Make up your sandwich with a sandwich filling of your choice. Using a large cookie cutter, cut the sandwich into a circle (you can use a glass or mug to cut around if you don’t have a round cookie cutter).
- Cut the sandwich in half so that you have two semi-circles.
- Cut the slice of cheese into a circle of the same size as the sandwich, then cut the circle in half – these will be the love bug wings.
- Cut a piece from the cheese semi-circles for the heads.
- Using a small heart cutter, cut heart shaped ‘dots’ from the wing pieces. Pop the wings on top of the sandwiches.
- Cut four round eyes from the cheese cut-offs, then cut tiny circles from the cucumber skin for the pupils. Add the cheese eyes to the sandwiches to finish.
- Serve on a plate or pack in a lunch box and enjoy!
- Note, if packing in a lunch box, the cheese pieces can be ‘glued’ in place using a little cream cheese or mayo to help them stay in place.