Ingredients (makes 8 small pizzas):
For the pizza dough:
- 125g plain white flour
- 125g strong white bread flour
- 1/2 tsp quick yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil + extra for oiling
For the toppings:
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100g grated mozzarella cheese
- Get creative and use up any vegetables in your fridge!
- Place the flours, yeast, salt and 160ml warm water in a large bowl. Mix roughly together, then add the olive oil and mix with your hands until it all comes together as a sticky dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and silky. You can add a little flour at this stage if it is still a little sticky, then knead for a minute or two more until you have a ball of dough.
- Brush a bowl with a little olive oil, then place the dough inside, cover and leave somewhere warm until it has risen and doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (Gas mark 7/425°F). Brush two large baking trays with a little oil.
- Once risen, split the dough into 8 pieces and roll out each piece flat. Shape into leaf shapes and carefully transfer them to the prepared oven trays.
- Mix the tomato puree with a splash of water to make a simple pizza sauce, then spread over the pizzas.
- Top each pizza with a small handful of grated mozzarella cheese, then add vegetable toppings of your choice. You can make different coloured pizza ‘leaves’ by just using one vegetable on each pizza, or mix them all up together to make multicoloured leaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the base is cooked through and the cheese melted and bubbling.