Fancy a sweet treat? Try making these tasty tarts for you and your little Squirrel. Full recipe details below!
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 320g pack ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 150g strawberry jam
- 150g fresh strawberries
- vegetable oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 180°C (Gas mark 4/350°F). Lightly brush a 12-hole muffin tin with vegetable oil.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a large circle cutter (we used a crinkle edged cutter), cut out 12 circles of pastry.
- Gently push a pastry circle into each hole in the muffin tin to form a cup.
- Drop a small teaspoon of jam into the bottom of each pastry cup.
- Wash, hull and chop the strawberries into small pieces, then divide the chopped strawberries between the pastry cups, popping them on top of the jam.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden and the strawberries cooked through.
- Leave the tarts to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes until cool enough to handle, then pop them out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm or cold.