Happy Pancake Day Squirrels! Grab a grown up and have a go at making some yummy pancake cereal. Check out the ingredients and instructions below.
Pancake Cereal Recipe
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 large egg
- 125ml milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- melted butter for frying
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with baking!
- Break the egg into a bowl then lightly whisk. Add the milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and whisk again until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a separate mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then lightly whisk until well combined and lump free.
- Pop the pancake mix into a squeezy bottle or piping bag then leave to rest for 5 minutes while you heat up the pan (If you don’t have a squeezy bottle or piping bag, you can leave the mixture to rest in the bowl and use a teaspoon to make the mini pancakes instead).
- Heat the pan over a medium heat, then brush with a little melted butter.
- Drop tiny circles of pancake mixture in the pan to make your pancakes, making sure you leave enough room between the pancakes to flip them over once ready.
- Cook the pancakes until they start to bubble, then flip them over and cook on the other side until golden (a palette knife instead of a spatula makes it much easier to flip these tiny pancakes).
- Remove from the pan and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Divide your pancake cereal between small bowls and serve with maple syrup for drizzling.