How To Make Betty’s Seaside Pizza
When you can’t go to the seaside, the only thing you can do is bring the seaside to you! If you’re tempted, scroll down for the full recipe and give it a go.
Ingredients (makes 2 pizzas)
For the pizza bases:
- 125g plain white flour
- 125g strong white bread flour
- ½ tsp quick yeast
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
For the toppings:
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 2 asparagus spears
- 4 black olives
- ¼ small red onion
- 1 slice gouda or edam cheese
- Handful small basil leaves.
- Place the flours, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Add 160ml warm water and the olive oil.
- Mix together with your hands until it all comes together as a dough.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead with your hands for 5-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and silky (note: the dough might be very sticky to start with, but keep kneading and it will get less sticky over time).
- Pop the dough into an oiled bowl, cover and leave somewhere warm to rise for around ½ hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (Gas mark 8/425°F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Split the dough into 2 pieces and roll each piece out out on a floured surface to make 2 round pizzas.
- Place the pizza bases on the lined baking trays. Mix the tomato puree with a little water, then spread evenly over each pizza base.
- Finely grate the parmesan cheese and sprinkle lightly over the pizzas.
- Create your seaside design using the vegetables and cheese slice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!