How to make a scruffalump
Before you get a real pet, try looking after your very own DIY scruffalump!
You will need
- Thin cardboard
- Coloured felt (green, pink, blue, dark blue, brown, white)
- Fabric glue
- Small coloured pom pom (blue, purple, red)
- Googly eyes
- Scissors (you’ll need a grown-up to help use these)
- Cut two identical donut shapes with a gap big enough to wind wool around
- Join the cardboard shapes together and wind the wool around them
- Keep winding the wool around until it is nice and squishy
- Carefully cut along the wool between the cardboard, holding the centre
- Tie a piece of wool around the pom pom between thecardboard to keep everything in place
- To make the legs, ears and eyes, trace and cut shapes from the felt
- Glue the feet, eyes and ears to the pom pom to finish your Scruffalump… Potato!
- Repeat these steps to make your own Scruffalump family
Remember to use #HeyDuggee when you share your Scruffalump pictures online!