- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- candy eyes
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with baking!
- Preheat oven to 180°C (Gas mark 4/350°F). Line a small rectangular cake tin with baking parchment.
- Break or chop the milk chocolate and dark chocolate into chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl along with the butter.
- Heat in the microwave for short bursts of around 30 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate has almost melted. Be careful not to overheat or burn the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir with a spoon until the mixture is fully combined and smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then add the sugars and vanilla extract and whisk again until well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and whisk again.
- Sift in the flour and the cocoa powder, then whisk again until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into your lined cake tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Carefully tip out onto a chopping board while still slightly warm, and use a cookie cutter to cut as many hedgehogs from the brownie as you can.
- Pop the hedgehogs on a plate and finish each one with 2 candy eyes, pushing the eyes gently into the top of the brownie to hold them in place.
- Serve warm or leave to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.