Try making these lovely treats for someone special this Valentine’s Day! Check out the recipe below.
Ingredients (makes approx. 20):
- 300 mini marshmallows
- 100g unsalted butter
- pink gel food colouring (optional)
- 175g rice crispies
- Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin.
- Place the marshmallows and butter into a saucepan and heat over a medium heat, stirring until the marshmallows and butter are melted.
- Drop in pink gel food colouring and stir until the marshmallow mixture is evenly coloured pink (this step is optional – you can also leave them colour-free if preferred).
- Measure the rice crispies into a large bowl. Pour over the melted marshmallow mixture and stir together until well combined.
- Spoon into the baking tin and press the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in the fridge and chill for around half an hour.
- Tip out onto a chopping board, then use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut into hearts.
- Plate up and enjoy!