Note: for younger children, cut the grapes and blueberries in half lengthwise instead to reduce the risk of choking.
- 12 green grapes
- 4 red grapes
- 8 large blueberries
- Small tube writing icing
- 12 edible candy eyes
- Wash and pat dry the grapes and blueberries.
- Cut a small slice from the end of each grape, so that they can stand up vertically.
- Cut a small slice from the side of each blueberry, so that they can stand up in the same way.
- Arrange 3 green grapes, 2 blueberries and one red grape on the plate to make a caterpillar. Repeat until you have 4 grape caterpillars on the plate.
- Use small drops of writing icing as ‘glue’ to stick 2 edible eyes onto the head grape of each caterpillar.
- Serve immediately.