For the pancakes:
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp golden granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 125ml milk (or dairy-free equivalent)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Butter or dairy-free spread for frying
- Green grapes
- 1 banana
- Handful chocolate chips
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with baking!
- Measure out the flour, baking powder and sugar and sift into a bowl along with the salt.
- In a separate jug or bowl, lightly whisk the egg then mix with the milk and oil.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together then lightly whisk until well combined and lump-free.
- Heat the pan over a medium heat, then drop in the butter and swirl around until completely melted.
- Spoon pancake mix into the pan in small pancake-sized circles, making sure you leave enough room between the pancakes to flip them over once ready.
- Cook the pancakes until they start to bubble up, then flip them over and cook on the other side until golden.
- Remove from the pan and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- To decorate your pancakes, slice green grapes in half lengthways and arrange 6 grape halves in a triangle to make the frog’s body.
- Cut two slices from the banana and cut into smaller circles using a small round cutter.
- Pop the banana ‘eyes’ in place above the grapes triangle and top them with two chocolate chips.
- Repeat until you have decorated as many pancakes as you need!