Recipe by April Carter
- 150g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 medium egg
- 200ml whole milk
- Butter or oil for cooking
- Blackberries, blueberries and orange segments
- Icing sugar and maple syrup to serve (optional)
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with baking!
METHOD (Makes 6-8)
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add the egg and gradually add the milk, whisking as you go to make a smooth batter. Fill a squeezy bottle with batter, heat some butter or oil in a frying pan and draw the shape of Duggee’s head using the squeezy bottle. After a few seconds, fill in the shape by spooning batter into the centre and spreading it out with a spoon. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side and repeat with the remaining batter keeping the cooked pancakes warm.
- Complete Duggee’s face by serving with blueberries for his eyes, a blackberry for his nose and an orange segment for his mouth. Dust with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup and extra fruit.