Ingredients (makes 9 large oatcakes):
For the oatcakes:
- 120g oats
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour (for rolling out)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 slice red Leicester cheese
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6/400°F). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor and whizz until they have the consistency of rough flour.
- Grate the cheese using a fine grater and pop it in a bowl with the oats.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Pop the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds at a time until melted.
- Pour the melted butter into the bowl with the oats and grated cheese, then add 75ml of warm water.
- Mix until the mixture comes together in a sticky dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to around the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Using large round cookie cutters, cut circles from the dough, gathering up and rolling out the leftovers in between until the dough is all used up.
- Carefully transfer the rounds to the lined baking tray, then bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the edges of the oatcakes are starting to lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave oatcakes on the baking tray for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once completely cool, use mini circle cutters to cut shapes from the cheese slices to decorate your oatcakes with cheese Duggee faces.