Recipe by April Carter
For the biscuits:
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the decoration:
- small amounts of brown, light brown, black, dark pink and assorted colours of fondant for Duggee’s different outfits
- icing sugar
Note: Make sure you have a grown up with you to help with baking!
METHOD (Makes 12)
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix into a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make 10cm tall templates of Duggee in your favourite outfits to cut around. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 4 and line two baking trays with baking parchment. Roll out the dough to 5mm thick, cut out the Duggee shapes and transfer to the lined baking trays. Bake for 10 minutes or until firm but still pale. Set aside to cool.
- To decorate the biscuits, kneed the dark brown fondant briefly and roll out onto a work surface dusted with icing sugar. Use the templates to cut out shapes for Duggee’s head, ears and hands. Roll and cut out shapes for Duggee’s features and outfit details in the same way. Mix a small amount of icing sugar with water and use to stick all of the pieces onto the cookies. Set aside to firm up.