Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- Sandwich filling of your choice
- 1 large tortilla wrap
- Edible food writer pens
- Make up your sandwich with a sandwich filling of your choice. Cut the sandwich into a neat rectangle.
- Place the sandwich on top of the tortilla wrap, then use it as a guide to cut out a larger rectangle for the book cover. The length of the rectangle should be two and a half times as wide as the short side of the sandwich, and the width slightly longer than the long side of the sandwich.
- Fold the tortilla rectangle around the sandwich to make the book cover. The tortilla should stay in place once folded, but if it needs sticking down you can use a little cream cheese, hummus, peanut butter or honey as edible ‘glue’ to hold it in place.
- Draw on your book cover design using the edible food writer pen. Alternatively, you can use food colourings and a small clean paintbrush to paint on your book cover design.
- Repeat until you have as many book sandwiches as you need.
- Serve on a plate or pack in a lunch box!
The perfect treat for your little Squirrels lunchbox! A-WOOF! 🐾