If you or your little Squirrels, want to recreate any of the breakfasts from the Breakfast Badge Episode, you’ve come to the right place!
We have recreated all the breakfasts, and come up with some wonderful recipes for you to follow along and create your own! A-WOOF ????
Recreate Betty’s breakfast of choice, cereal! All you need is a bowl, a spoon and your favourite cereal! Keep adding more… and a bit more… and a bit more, until it’s full to the brim. Then add some milk and enjoy right away!
If pancakes are more your style then you’ll want to make Happy’s choice of breakfast!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 125ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- butter for frying
- maple syrup
- fresh strawberries
- Measure out the flour, baking powder and sugar and sift into a bowl along with the salt.
- In a separate jug or bowl, lightly whisk the egg then mix with the milk and oil.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together then lightly whisk until well combined and lump-free.
- Heat the pan over medium heat, then drop in the butter and swirl around until completely melted.
- Spoon pancake mixture into the pan and swirl around with the back of the spoon to make round pancake shapes.
- Cook the pancakes until they start to bubble up, then flip them over and cook on the other side until golden.
- Remove from the pan and repeat until all the mixture is used up. Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh strawberries on the side.
If, like Roly, fish is more your thing… why not try our Breakfast friendly version of Roly’s favourite breakfast dish, Kippers!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- ¼ apple
- Toast the piece of bread, then cut into an oval shape using a large round cookie cutter.
- Spread the toast oval with peanut butter, then draw a line down the middle with the back of the knife.
- Cut a slice from the apple, then using a small round cookie cutter, cut two oval shapes for the tail.
- Arrange the toast and apple pieces on the plate to make a kipper shape. Serve straight away!
Looking for some new breakfast inspiration? Why not try Norrie’s favourite, Shakshuka!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 red, orange or yellow peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- small handful fresh coriander – finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (Gas mark 5/375°F).
- Peel and slice the onion, deseed and slice the peppers. Peel and finely chop the garlic and set to one side.
- Heat the oil, then gently fry the onion for a couple of minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the peppers to the pan and fry until almost cooked.
- Add the garlic and paprika and fry for one minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar, mix well to combine then pop a lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Divide the mixture between 4 individual oven safe ramekins or dishes.
- Using a spoon, make a well in the centre of each ramekin.
- Break an egg into each one, then place them all on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the egg is set and cooked. Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander leaves if wanted and serve immediately.
If you’re more of a toast fan, like Tag, all you need is some bread, a toaster and lashings of jam!
Don’t forget to share your Duggee creations with us on social with the hashtag – #HeyDuggeeBreakfast A-WOOF!