Shoebox Puppet Theatre
Create your very own Clubhouse Shoebox Puppet Theatre! A perfect project for you and your little ones to enjoy!
YOU WILL NEED:
- coloured card (orange, blue & green)
- craft knife
- fast drying glue
- kitchen skewer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SHOEBOX PUPPET THEATRE:
- Using a craft knife carefully cut out a rectangular window from the lid of the shoebox.
- Cut four strips of orange card, to the dimensions of your shoebox, and glue to the front of the lid.
- Glue pieces of blue and green coloured card to the back of the shoebox, making the sky and grass background.
- Using the template provided cut out all the scene details.
- Glue the scene pieces to the background and inside the lid as shown.
- Using the craft knife carefully cut a rectangular strip out from the base of the shoebox.
- From the template provided cut out Duggee and all the members of the Squirrel Club.
- Sandwich the characters around the kitchen skewers to make your puppets.
- Finally glue a length of ribbon to each side of the box to make a strap for hanging on a wall, or to create a mobile theatre around your child’s shoulders.
- Optional: roll a piece of card and glue to the sides of the box, making hoops to hang your puppets, and keep them safe and organised for the show.