Halloween Chocolate Apples
Recipe by April Carter
- 250g plain, milk or white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 6 small apples, chilled (look for children sized in shops)
- 6 wooden lolly or kebab sticks
- 50g brown fondant
- Small amount of black, white, light brown and pink fondant
- Small amount of icing sugar
- To make Duggee’s face, kneed the brown fondant briefly and roll out onto a work surface dusted with icing sugar.
- Cut out 6 shapes for Duggee’s head and ears.
- Roll and cut out shapes for Duggee’s features in the same way and dampen with water to stick onto the head shapes.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Wash and dry the apples and push a lolly or kebab stick half way into each one with the stalk pointing upwards.
- Dip each apple in the melted chocolate, tap off the excess and place on the lined baking tray to set.
- Top with the Duggee decoration using some of the left over melted chocolate.